Shadow play or more known today as shadow puppetry is an ancient form of story telling and entertainment, which use a flat cut out figure held between a source of light and a translucent screen.
With this workshop we make characters out of cardboard, create a scene, narrative and soundscape/soundtrack to tell any story relevant to the makers, using myths, and legends from other cultures as a guide.
Stories could evolve around social issues, adaptation of a book, cartoon character, super hero, bullies or what they want for the world or change.
We fly with the possibility to create entertaining and thought provoking story lines.
Children who are shy really adapt to this medium as they are not seen but communicate through and altered ego = the puppet.
Children can either create their own character or use templates to assist their artistic expression.
Playing with light and shadow is very transportive for both the presenter and audience.
Shadow Puppetry Benefits
- Learn about creating and devising a character
- Write and develop their own story or share in a group utilizing skills of co-operation, listening, interpretation and communication
- Understand and learn the science of light and shadow
- Narration and sound creating
- Enhances the way they see the world and how they can make a difference.
- Express emotions and engage in socialisation and interaction
To find out more about Shadow Puppets Workshops, contact Bella on 0412991694 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org